Monday, November 3, 2014

My hair

I haven't set up the appointment, but I have been talking about donating my hair to Locks of Love for over a year.  I am sure that I have been touched many times by those with Cancer, but have never been close enough to observe the difficult process until recently.  Within the last 18 months I have lost 2 people that are very dear to me because of cancer.  I was also touched by a little girl in a ward that we were in named Brighton (you can follow her journey here) that I made the choice and gave myself a deadline.  I have never had the thought to donate my hair until this sweet girl shaved her head.  I was so touched that she was so young, but so strong.  So, tonight I asked my Thing 2 to take a picture of my hair before it goes to the chopping block in 2 weeks.  It doesn't show how long it is, but I don't think it has ever been this long before.  I am grateful for the opportunity to share with someone like Brighton who fought the fight and is winning! Stay tuned for the after shot.  I have the donation form in hand!!!!

No comments: