Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Rolo Stuffed Snickerdooles

I recently signed up for the meal plans through The Six Sisters and we have loved everything we have tried, but I wanted to share these and add them to the family cookbook! I had the day off today and I had an echocardiogram this morning, so I thought I would have the boys go to daycare for half of the day and meal prep.  Before my appointment I got the Chicken Cordon Bleu started in the crock pot and made the Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bars.  When I got home the house smelled wonderful with the chicken cooking and since our lives have been so busy I thought I would start the snickerdoodles.  I used to have cookie dough pre-shaped in the freezer so that we could take out a few, because fresh cookies are the best!
Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles
by: The Six Sisters
Ingredients:

  • 1/2 c. Butter
  • 1/2 c. Shortening
  • 2 Eggs
  • 3 c. all-purpose Flour
  • 2 t. Baking Powder
  • 1 t. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 t. Salt
  • 48 Rolo Candies
  • 2 T Sugar
  • 2 t. Cinnamon

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a large bowl cream together butter, shortening, sugar and eggs.  Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Use a cookie scooper or roll a 1 inch ball and place a Rolo in the middle and shapes around.  Mix together remaining sugar and cinnamon and roll each cookie ball into the sugar mixture and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown, but still soft.
Note: If you want to freeze them into dough balls do everything the same, but put the tray in the freezer for 6 hours to overnight and then place into a gallon sized Ziploc bag.  Keeps in the freezer for up to 3 months.
 This kid loves Rolo's so these were a score!

No comments: