Saturday, June 14, 2014

Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?

This morning we had Caron's Brown Bear Brown Bear What do you see? Birthday Party at the main street splash pad.  I have been planning and thinking about this party for the last 2 months.  For as long as I can remember it has been his favorite book and I find him reading it to himself now occasionally.  I found these great invitations and a matching party pack that I could personalize myself off Esty and thanks to my little sister it all came together at the last minute.
 This rainbow cake was so much easier then I thought it would be.  It was just a cup of batter per color @ 350 for 10 minutes, if your cooking 2 layers at a time.  Having it exposed made it even more simple and I kinda like the cake being exposed!

 I decided to make these cupcakes about an hour and a half before the party so they came in without frosting, which actually made transporting really easy.  We only frosted the 5 we needed to fit the plate and left the rest in the muffin tin to be frosted later. 

 Nancy brought in her water container which really helped keep all the kids hydrated.  We had lemonade, blueberries, purple grapes, layered Jello, chocolate teddy grahams, goldfish crackers, green gummy frogs, red swedish fish, rainbow licorice and coconut brownies on this table...Plenty to share with people walking past!

 Logan, Carson, Easton and Robert (friend from his Primary class).
 
 Carson is a little unsure...the wind was blowing so the candle had already blown out, but we sang anyway! I tried to make up for Carson attempting to sleep through his cake on his actual birthday.
 LOVE IT!
 Thank you Nancy for this great idea! I would have never thought to have Jello at a birthday party! I found this little cups at Wal-Mart that have lids...says you can wash and reuse, probably won't happen, but that's pretty neat!
 
Carson came home after the party and put all of these puzzles together, ALONE, 8 puzzles - 4 with 24 pieces and 4 with 48 pieces.  This kid is incredible! He asked me for help a few times, but I was cleaning up the sticky mess from the last few days.

No comments: