Friday, September 5, 2008

Logan McKay Kincaid

Hey everyone, guess what? We are home! Last night we got home and took it easy, just the 3 of us (James is with my parents). Logan was born on the 3rd at 7:17 pm weighing in at 7.11 and 20 3/4 inches. He is a healthy happy baby boy. We have our first appointment today because we didn't stay the full 24 hours to make sure he isn't jaundice. Logan has been a great eater and a fantastic sleeper...slept from 10:30 -2:00 and then from 2:30 - 8:00. I kind of woke him up at the 2:00 feeding, but he was making noise and I couldn't help myself. Logan and daddy just minutes after he was born.
Logan Thursday afternoon napping.
Just before bedtime Wednesday night.
Logan's first bath! Didn't like it much, but Curtis says he gets that from him.


So a brief play by play...we checked in for our scheduled inducing at 8:00 Wednesday morning and got the antibiotics and pitocin going and then waited. I felt a few contractions, but nothing to write home about so I was convinced that they were going to send me home since I wasn't progressing past my 3 cm, but at 4:30 Dr. Andrews came in and broke my water and from there things got messy! I started feeling my contractions and by 6:30 I was in full labor. About 15 minutes before he was born they checked me and I was still only at a 5 and I was asking if there was something I could have between an epidural and nothing...they laughed and said I could do it! I pushed 3 times and out came Logan McKay in all his birthday glory!

4 comments:

LDA said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! Hope you're doing well and getting as much rest as possible!

Heather said...

Congrats!!! He's beautiful, and may I add you're looking AWESOME to have just had a baby!

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

What a handsome young man little Logan is. We wish you well on your recovery and and congratulations on your new son.
Love Mama Lee

sachiko said...

Yay! Congratulations. Boy, with the way you were talking about him, I thought for sure he was going to be a "delicate moose" :) Hope your recovery is going well!