Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 4

We are on day 4 of potty training and I couldn't ask for any better from James. We started on Monday by removing all size 5 diapers and taping them up in an unlabeled box and putting it into the garage, and then came the Cars underwear. Of course I pick the week to start all this when he gets explosive diarrhea, but it may have been the most disgusting blessing in disguise. Maybe 3 months ago we bought James a potty chair and attempted potty training a half a dozen times, but I always got frustrated and gave up in 2 hours. I always made him try every half hour, but he didn't ever want to sit on the potty chair and then when he got wet he would spend as long as I would let him in his wet clothes and never care. So, this time we fought about not wearing diapers anymore for a while, but now he uses the potty chair whenever he needs to and brings it to me if I am not there with him, gross. Our bribe is animal crackers, thanks to my mother, and it works without fail. James even stayed dry all night last night!

1 comment:

Fern said...

Congratulations! Way to go James for keeping it dry thru the the night. We're STILL working on that one with Mack.