Thursday, May 13, 2010

Beef Fajitas

I have been trying really hard to stock up my freezer and pantry for the coming of this baby.  Knowing that I still have to push on even though its been a hard day or that I'm sore isn't going to cut it when dinner needs to be on the table.  The other day, I think at Costco, I found precooked beef fajita strips in the frozen food section and I think they're awesome.  I have used the chicken strips before, but I have always been a chicken girl so I thought I would try something new.
Aren't these pretty? Red onions and Red Peppers! I pulled the frozen beef strips out of the freezer and threw them in the microwave while I started the peppers and onions.  It was perfect timing! I added the beef in after it had thawed out and got all the flavors going.  I wanted to make my own tortillas, but didn't start them in time (I learned your supposed to let them rest for 30 minutes before you cook them! Never made them on my own before, but now I know!). 

No comments: