Monday, May 17, 2010

Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole

Have you ever read an advertisement in a magazine from Campbell's soup or Nestle Chocolate chips and thought "that sounds good!" Well I did that a few weeks ago and I have been sitting on this recipe for a long time and tonight since we were going to a soccer game during our usual dinner time I decided this would be a perfect day for this meal.  It was super easy since everything is precooked you can prepare it ahead and then you just have to heat it up. And while we are bragging on this easy meal, my kids both ate it willingly! So this one will be added to my list of usual.
Hearty Chicken & Noodle Casserole

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 c Milk
1/4 t ground Black Pepper
1/4 c Parmesan Cheese
1 c frozen Mixed Vegetables
2 c Chicken, cooked and cubed
2 c Egg Noodles, cooked and drained
1/2 c Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Stir all together but the cheese and place in a 1 1/2-qt casserole dish.  Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until hot. Stir.  Top with cheddar cheese.  One option that they gave was to replace the cheddar cheese with 1/2 c French's French fried onions for the last 5 minutes of cooking.  I did half and half because I know Logan loves those onions and I couldn't remember if James liked them or not.  Both boys really seemed to enjoy them, although I didn't have the mixed frozen veges I will add them next time.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I love the things on the Campbell soup cans, they are all wonderful. You have to adjust ingredients to the things you like occasionally, but they are all good and all super easy! I love your adventuresome spirit when it comes to cooking....keep trying new and enjoy the search.