Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Trick or treating Utah style

I do love myself some Halloween.  We were never allowed to celebrate Halloween the way the rest of the world does.  Usually my mom would have us dress up and we would go to our grandparents house and then return home to enjoy a communal bowl of candy.  We never had anyone knock on our door because of where we lived so we never saw what it was like for anyone else.  Being with my family is true to how I grew up.  We spent a lot of time together and I always felt close to my brother and sisters because of it.  Now that I have kids I feel so much pressure to fall into this commercial holiday.  We have to buy the costumes and buy lots of candy, for what? So that our kids can have fun for a few minutes and then be sick for 2 days? 
Either way Halloween was fun this year! The boys are finally getting old enough that we get to have a lot of fun together.  Curtis was able to join us from Wednesday to Friday and actually helped James with his costume. Each of the boys had class parties that we were able to help out with, amazingly, and a Ward Trunk or Treat. 

 
 Carson was a cow
Logan making mummies at school with his friend Sawyer (Fanboy from Fanboy and ChumChum).
 Logan was a blue ninja
 Logan helped me out at Carson's preschool party.  As you can see he was a really good example to all 17 of the 3 year olds.

 Enjoying his spoils.
 
James was a police officer.  I am sad that this was the only picture I have of his costume.  If I was a glutton for punishment I would pull it out of the Halloween box and make him wear it, but I am not, so you won't see a better picture.  
We went around our neighborhood and maybe had 8 people open their doors for the boys and I think some of them gave out lunch snacks.  We had no trick or treaters come to our door so now we know for next year.

No comments: