Monday, July 21, 2008

12 hours of continuous SLEEP!

Ever since we got back from Puerto Rico James has not slept through the night and putting him down for bed has been terrible, but we may have figured it out. A few months ago we decided no more pacifier, but gave up after over a week of multiple hours of crying before falling asleep on the floor in front of the door. Then we figured it just isn't dark enough, so I put foil over his windows so he would know it was night time and not wake up at 5:00 in the morning. After that we tried a little night light with 2 pacifiers, but still he would fall asleep in front of the door and cry himself to sleep. We may have figured him out (knock on wood), so he has 2 pacifiers and I leave a lamp on. No tears and he falls asleep in his own bed. I talk about this like it has been going on for weeks, but last night we put him down about 9:00 (we had company over) and it is 9:08 and I just heard his little war cry! That is 12 hours of continuous sleep for James! I wish I could say the same for me, but I don't 12 hours in on my schedule for the next couple years!

2 comments:

Michiko said...

Wow! Congratulations on baby #2! Thanks for your comment on my cooking blog. Send me your email address, and I'll send you an invite to my family blog.
love,
Michiko

Linda Kincaid said...

Hey Michiko! My email address is linda_kincaid@hotmail.com