Saturday, March 27, 2010

Almond Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have never used almond paste before and really had no idea what to expect, but it was super easy to use and very tasty! I wish I had some almonds on hand to chop up and add to these, but they were pretty fantastic and easy to make!

James helped me and we doubled the recipe using half butter half Crisco and instead of using the suggested 6 ounces we used the entire can of 8 ounces. I love almonds and figured it wouldn't hurt to add the rest!

Almond Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup Butter, soft
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
3 oz. Almond Paste (although I used 4 oz and loved it)
2 Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
12 oz bag Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup chopped Almonds (I didn't add them, but they would have been great)

Preheat oven to 375. Beat together butter and sugars until well combined, light and fluffy. Add the almond paste in pieces and mix until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla, mix. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and chopped almonds. Scoop onto baking stone with a medium cookie scoop. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on baking stone a few minutes and then transfer to cooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen.
Since I doubled the recipe and I love having A cookie when I want we scooped all the cookies onto jelly roll pans lined with parchment paper and put them in the freezer to harden. Once they're hard I put them into gallon sized freezer bags and then pull them out as I need them. I love doing this and have given them as gifts or treats when I am taking a meal into a family. That way they can be used when needed and they'll always be hot and fresh!
Oh and just a hint I usually write what they are and up the baking temp by 25 degrees if I am going to cook them frozen. Seems like they take so much longer to cook if I follow the recipe when doing it frozen and I can use the same baking time if I just add a few degrees to the frozen ones!

No comments: