Wednesday, March 31, 2010

BLT Sandwiches

For dinner tonight I wasn't really ready since we usually eat between 5:30 and 6:00 and when I walked around the corner to find my kids eating sprinkles because "I'm hungry, can we have dinner?" -James. So I open the fridge and then the freezer and they are both a little empty. Gotta think of something fast and something the kids will eat. I started going through the meat and found bacon and since James considers this a food group this should work. And we all know that Logan considers tomatoes a food group, so we ran with BLTs. Logan ate the tomatoes faster then I could cut them up!
I put bacon and lettuce on James sandwich and immediately the lettuce was on my plate. The bacon kept falling out of his sandwich and he kept adding it on. After countless pieces of bacon being added to his sandwich I cut him off and he ate his sandwich until he ran out of bacon. Half a sandwich left!
Logan got bacon and tomatoes on his sandwich and guess what the bacon hit the floor!

2 comments:

Candace said...

You are so creative! I wish I could come up with good meals like that so quick!

Linda Kincaid said...

Years of 4-H training must have done something good! Just keep a fresh chunk of meat in the fridge, that way its planned and you don't have to come up with things your kids will eat in 10 minutes or less! Good times!