Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wall Hanging

About 2 moths ago I realized I couldn't find my favorite nursery bedding. I had been watching it at Pottery Barn for months and as each piece would go on sale I would buy it until I had the whole set...well since I can't find that I figured I would just start over again; I've got lots of time on my hands, right? Well the fabric sat and sat and sat until now. I have started James in preschool to help with his social skills and need to a set schedule which has given me a little extra time to work on such things to which I feel is a life saver. I love Pottery Barn Kids and Land of Nod and have been able to pull a lot of inspiration from them. This is the top half of a wall hanging I started that I saw in the Land of Nod catalog a few months ago and fell in love with it. Making it however has turned into an experience.
These are completely unfinished. Just cut and ironed. I will just do a simple top stitch around the edges and call it a day. In the catalog it was cut strips instead of the squares like I have done. I just don't consider myself to be a quilter and it was way beyond my level of B.S. (and my mom's). As I look at this I don't want it to be exactly square or even by any means, but I did want it to be a little center, may have to go back to the ironing board! Tell me what you think!

The crib bedding will be made out of this same material with the green viney one as the base. So far I only have plans of making the bumper and the skirt, but depending on how much time and fabric I have I may try a sheet. Looks scary!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Sheets are actually pretty easy--they just look complicated. That's a really cute wall hanging.