Sunday, September 22, 2013

It feels like home!

On Monday we began boxing up our lives again to move into a much smaller townhouse. It was not a decision I was thrilled about, but necessary all the same. We would be moving from a twin home to a four-plex that is much smaller without any of the luxuries that we had become accustomed to.
Last night was our first night in the house and that's when I realized that this is where we probably should have started out in the first place.  Maybe I have an unrealistic view of the world or maybe I bit off more than I can chew; either way we are going to make this our home. James and I were able to sit and watch the sun go down together last night.  I don't know why we hadn't noticed the sunset before in our other house 30 feet away, but I loved sharing that moment with him.
The kids celebrated this morning by letting me sleep in until 7:50 and only wanted cereal in our small dinning room. We will probably have to get a storage unit until I can sort out the extras and find room for our long-term food storage. But in the long run we are still saving money. Tomorrow I will start staining the shelving unit in the living room which will help with some of the clutter down stairs.   

No comments: