Monday, June 21, 2010

My Favorite Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Back in 1991 my home ward put together a Cookbook that has become a favorite and I use it more then my prized Betty Crocker cookbook!
Melt In Your Mouth Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c. Shortening
1/2 c. Peanut Butter
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 t. Baking Powder
3/4 t. Baking Soda
1/4 t. Salt
1 1/4 c. Flour
1 c. Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven and cooking stone to 375.  Mix thoroughly shortening, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and egg.  Blend in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Add in chocolate chips.  Cover and chill (optional).  Place balls on a greased cookie sheet or stone, flatten with the bottom of a glass and criss cross with a fork.  Bake for 10-12 minutes and cool on paper towels or cooling rack.  Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

These cookies are so wonderful.  I have never had them not turn out for me.  I didn't flatten or criss cross this time.  I was cooking with two 4 year olds one of which had a cough, so I went as fast as possible with as little food handling as possible! The original recipe does not call for chocolate chips, but I believe everything is made better when you add chocolate!

No comments: