Monday, June 28, 2010

Popcorn

Growing up we had popcorn every Sunday for dinner, or at least that's how I remembered it.  It was always a real shock for me when there was an actual dinner.  My mom always told us that it was Sunday, therefore it was the maids day off.  My dad would make this giant thing of popcorn and we would just eat for hours watching the Disney movie on channel 4.  I decided when I got married and had kids we would do this, but it happened maybe once or twice and I never got back into it.  So tonight we didn't have popcorn, but we did pull out the microwave popper and used some cute bags that Shelly MacMillan gave us and enjoyed the outdoors together.  It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day.
Of course you can't have a nice day without a popsicle.  We were watching our neighbors little boy and she brought a big bag of popsicles for us and we were more then willing to enjoy!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I too remember you had popcorn for dinner. But it seemed you ate a (dinner) lunch right after church. I have shared that with many of people over the years. I have to say that I feel a little sorry for carson being in girly diapers. I remember your mom covering old diapers when Nancy came along with cute flannel.
The boys look like they are loving those popcicles.