Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lime Squares

One of my favorite people in the world makes the best Lemon Squares you will ever in your life! Shelly knows how to please! I don't think I have ever had something she has made that wasn't to die for! So anyways I was at the store the other day in the cake mix aisle and saw a mix of Lime Bars and thought about how great that would be...so I used her recipe for Lemon Squares and made it a little my own.

Lime Squares

1 c. Flour               ½ c. Powdered Sugar
1 c. Wheat Flour       1 c. Butter, melted
¼ c. Pecans, chopped (optional)

Mix and press into 2 8x8 or 2 9x9 greased pans. (Optional: In one pan sprinkle with pecans on the bottom before putting in the mixture.  One for the nut lovers and then a plain Jane for the crazys.) Bake for 350˚ for 20 minutes.

4 Eggs                  ½ t. Baking Powder
4 T. Flour                 1/3 c. Lime Juice
2 c. Sugar

Mix and pour onto crusts as soon as it comes out of the oven. Bake 20-25 minutes more until egg mixture is set. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares. Another option here would be to put zest in with the egg mixture. I’ve done that before with the lemon squares, but these limes were looking a little sad, so we just did the minimum.  I was a little afriad that the wheat flour would be too heavy, but I really liked it and I don't think you could tell that's what it was that made it different!

No comments: