Monday, April 12, 2010

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies...just like store bought!

I just recently tried 2 recipes for these cookies, but one just left me completely unimpressed. But this one was amazing! I have never made cookies before that asked for 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, but whatever it wants I will give if I get cookies this good!
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

3/4 c. Butter, softened
1/2 c. Sugar
1 c. Brown Sugar, packed
1 Egg
1 Egg Yolk
1 T. Vanilla
2 c. Flour
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1/2 t. Salt
1 1/2 c. Macadamia Nuts, chopped
2 c. White Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Beat together butter and sugars.  Beat in egg, and then beat in the egg yolk.  Add vanilla and mix until smooth. Dump in flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix.  Add macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips.  I used a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and then gently pushed them down a bit, not too much.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges appear slightly golden and the center is still doughy.  Makes 3-4 dozen 1 tablespoon cookies.

I doubled this recipe and used macadamia nuts that had sea salt, because I wasn’t paying attention. I looked in the nut section and couldn’t find them there, but in the salted nut section at the local grocery store they carried these. I had remembered reading a comment about these cookies about the saltiness of the nuts and the sweetness of the cookies, so I figured it worked for the original cookie baker. In my opinion the 2 cups of white chocolate chips was too much. Between the macadamia nuts and the white chocolate chips they were pretty much all stuff, but sometimes that’s exactly what your looking for. Of course I froze some too, never know when you might need some fresh cookies! If you're doing this don't forget that you need to up the temp about 25 degrees and keep the same time if you cook them frozen.  I don't know how long they keep for, never sit in my freezer too long!

No comments: