Thursday, April 15, 2010

She's almost there!

Nancy had her last appointment on Tuesday the 13th and her doctor told her she was 90% effaced and dilated to 2.5 cm. He told her that they would strip her membranes on the 20th and if she hadn’t already had the baby, they would induce on the 26th. It’s almost worth moving to Utah for! She’s not even due until May 3rd. But Jace, her husband, will be out of town the 1st and 2nd, so they are playing it on the safe side. We are all very excited Easton is coming soon. I missed a call today and thought I had missed something big, but she was asking about acid free pens...oh well. Yesterday we went over things she needed to bring to the hospital and things she could leave at home. I don't think anyone ever really did the honest run down of how things go when you have a baby when I was a first timer. There was a lot to learn and there still is. I am finding that the third time around things are much different then they were the first 2 times. Braxton Hicks hurt for one! That is no joke! From talking to my sister and others there is worse to come with the postpartum pains too! Oh the things I have to look forward to!


We got to have dinner with my older sister, Emily, tonight. We invited ourselves over and got to help out while she taught piano lessons and James picked up kids from soccer. Usually Emily is alone on Thursdays, but one of James classes was cancelled, so he was there to help too! They live a busy life and she’s about to run a Marathon on Saturday. We are all very proud of her and I am sure I won’t be running one anytime soon, but it would still be fun to run with her-she’s a great running partner.

Kiddos are sleeping and since I didn’t get to bed until midnight last night, I should do the same!

No comments: