Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stake Conference

Had a great time at the adult session of stake conference.  I always try to make a special point to get to that one, since I don't tend to go to the Sunday session.  I was about to leave (it was 8:00 and my kids go to bed at 7:30 and 8:00 and they were at the sitters house) but then President Duce, our Stake President, stood to speak and I am glad I stayed.  He talked about things he had learned from being a stake president and I really liked what he had to say about marriage.  I know that it is a tough institution and that its a two-sided situation, but he said that you must live your life to bring happiness to your partner.  I guess it brought me some relief.  I know that I have done the right thing with where I am at, but it is so difficult that you can't help but wonder.

The boys love Adam and this time they got to be with ALL the Baesler boys.  I had a hard time getting them to leave at 9:00 at night, but now they are both asleep and we will enjoy the day tomorrow.  It is always rough the next day when things aren't according to schedule, but hopefully it will be a nice day and we can spend it mostly outdoors. 

I am amazed how quickly the last few weeks have passed with this pregnancy. I still have time left, but it seems like it has gone faster these last few weeks then I’ve been pregnant. Most days I forget I am pregnant and then I am reminded when I slow down or do something I can’t do anymore. I don’t fit thru holes I used to and I forget and sometimes I get slightly smashed.
We are on day 2 of no milk at night for Logan. He is currently sleeping in the nursery, but I must say he has slept better. I put him in there since I knew he would cry and hoping it wouldn’t wake up James if they were in separate rooms. So far last night it was twice and twice for James too. Both times James got up and stood in the doorway to my room thinking he could sneak into bed with me…when I asked him if he needed something he would turn on the hall light and run back into bed. Quick thinker. Logan hasn’t gone down as easy as he always has, but I am hoping once we conquer this hurdle we can all sleep a little better (waking up at least every 2 hours is rough on a person!). The boys have a dentist appointment at the end of the month, so it will be one less thing to feel guilty about!

No comments: